The Peoria Historical Society will offer guided walking tours in historic neighborhoods, Springdale Cemetery, and other places of historical interest this summer and fall. Tours will run from 9:30 to 11am on Fridays and Saturdays. The schedule for June includes:
- June 4: “Grand Glen Oak Avenue” with Beth Johnson. Meet at John C. Flanagan House Museum, 942 NE Glen Oak Ave.
- June 5: “Springdale Cemetery’s Soldier Hill” with Corey Curtis. Meet at Springdale Cemetery office, 3014 N. Prospect Road.
- June 11: “High Street and Moss Avenue” with Gary Ebeling. Meet at Converse Marketing, 1125 Main St.
- June 12: “Randolph-Roanoke Historic District” with Connie Tomczyk. Meet at the corner of Randolph and Hamilton.
- June 18: “Springdale Cemetery Drive-Around, Part 1” with Bernie Drake. This tour is 2 hours. Meet at Springdale Cemetery office.
- June 19: “Recalling the Theaters of Peoria” with John Leyland. Meet at Peoria Public Library, 107 NE Monroe St.
- June 25: “Lydia and Lucie” with Marilyn Leyland. Meet at Springdale Cemetery office.
- June 26: “Springdale Cemetery Drive-Around, Part 2” with Linda Aylward. Meet at Springdale Cemetery office.
Tickets are available at 309tix.com or by calling (309) 674-1921. Social distancing and masks are required. PM