Eleven Women Who Made a Difference in 2011
They are business owners and entrepreneurs, mayors and political leaders, presidents and CEOs.
They wield influence in business, healthcare, government and education.
Their lives are in transition, and many have stepped out of their comfort zones.
And they are making a difference in central Illinois.
- Gail Amundson, President/CEO, Quality Quest for Health of Illinois
- Mary Ardapple, Founder/CEO, Apple’s Bakery
- Laurie Barra, Mayor, City of Pekin
- Diane Cullinan Oberhelman, Founding Partner, Cullinan Properties
- Joanne Glasser, President, Bradley University
- Jehan Gordon-Booth, State Representative, Illinois House of Representatives
- Grenita Lathan, Superintendent, Peoria Public Schools
- Katie McCord Jenkins, President, Illinois Mutual
- Sara Rusch, Regional Dean, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- Deborah Simon, Interim President/CEO, Methodist Medical Center
- Doris Symonds, Founder/Owner, T.A.L.K.