Holiday Home Tour Goes Virtual
Peoria Historical Society’s annual Holiday Home Tour will be offered virtually throughout the holiday season. A link to view six distinctively different residences will be available to purchase from December 6 to January 6. The homes included are:
- A loft-style luxury condo in the renovated warehouse at 401 Water Street on the Peoria riverfront. The condo’s kitchen includes the original warehouse’s freight elevator door.
- An ornate, Victorian Eastlake-style frame house built in the late 1800s in the High Wine District on the west bluff, where some of the city’s wealthy whiskey barons lived.
- A four-story Victorian-style Moss Avenue home built in 1902 for the secretary of the Jobst Bethard Co. wholesale grocer.
- An English cottage-style Moss Avenue home built in 1914 for an executive at R. Herschel & Co., a manufacturer of agricultural mower, reaper and binder knives.
- The former carriage house of a grand estate that sat at the top of Miller Avenue off Grandview Drive.
- A mid-century ranch house with a French influence and a pineapple theme throughout, located in the Edgewild neighborhood.
The 60-minute virtual tour features holiday music and narration exploring the homes’ interiors, including unique architectural details like ornate woodwork, leaded and stained-glass windows, antiques, décor and seasonal accents. “Peoria Historical Society’s Holiday Home Tour is always a much-anticipated kickoff to the local holiday season,” says tour coordinator Susie Papenhause. “We invite you to gather with family and friends to virtually experience the special holiday ambiance of these lovely homes.”
To get your tickets, visit 309tix.com/categories/tours. Proceeds go toward the work of the historical society to preserve, share and celebrate the stories of the Peoria area. For more information, email email@example.com or call (309) 674-1921. PM
Thanks for sharing the nice piece of content with us. I am also a big fond of traveling & now my aim is to travel dubai for different experiences i.e . offroadadventurefun.com/desert-safari-dubai-desert-adventure-tour/. Actually you can say its my passion to explore all the world & see the beauty of nature with my own eyes. Tourism as a socio-economic phenomenon has a certain impact not only on the region in which it develops, but also on the material and spiritual spheres of human and society activity. The impact of tourism is complex and can be both positive and negative. It is difficult to assess and accurately identify all the possible social impacts of tourism, as in most cases they are indirect. Once again thanks for sharing the nice piece of stuff with us.