Classes at the Peoria Art Guild
Following various shutdowns during the long pandemic, the Peoria Art Guild is excited to begin offering in-person classes again. “The Peoria Art Guild is excited to be open and bringing art programs to our community,” says director Shannon Cox. “We are hosting small classes and events under the current recommended social distancing guidelines. 2020 was a challenging year for all of us, but we anticipate a healthy and positive 2021—and we hope to see you soon at one of our fun events.”
With class sizes being limited, advance registration is required for all classes and workshops at the Peoria Art Guild. Each classroom contains hand sanitizer and sanitizing stations, and masks are required for all participants. A complete list of classes and registration information can be found at 309Tix.com. Direct links to individual classes are listed below.
- Wire Wrapping and Fabrication, February 25, 5-8pm. Participants 18+ will learn basic wire wrapping techniques and create and take home a unique, wire-wrapped sterling silver ring in this three-hour beginner-level workshop.
- 6-Week Pottery Series with Tyler Brandon, begins March 2 and March 4, 5:30-9pm, on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays. This class is designed for both beginners wanting to learn the basic of working with clay and more advanced students looking to take their skills to the next level.
- Lighting Basics for Photography, March 6, 9am-1pm. This four-hour seminar is for participants 18+ who are already comfortable operating their DSLR in manual mode and are ready to enter the realm of creative lighting control. The class will be a mix of lecture and hands-on, working with lighting equipment.
- Preschool Art Fun, March 8, 9-10am and runs for four weeks on Monday mornings. Kids ages 3-5, preschool, or pre-K will develop their own creativity, sharpen fine motor skills, and build confidence while meeting new friends. Parents are encouraged to stay during the class in the waiting area.
- Macrame Plant Hanger Workshop, March 10, 6-8pm. Participants ages 14+ will create a macrame plant hanger to hang a potted artificial succulent.
- Fabricated Pendants, March 17, 3-6pm. Participants 18+ will learn a variety of soldering techniques and make a fabricated labradorite swinging pendant.
- Intro to Photography, begins March 23, 7-9pm and runs for six weeks on Tuesday nights. This class is an introduction to participants 18+ to using your DSLR in the most creative mode, manual. Conventional DSLRs and mirrorless cameras are encouraged.
- Pysanky Ukrainian Easter Egg Family Workshop, March 24, 6-8pm. Participants ages 6+ will learn the ancient Ukrainian art of Pysanky - wax batik on eggshell. The instructor will guide participants through the process of creating unique pysanky using layers of wax and dye.
- Pysanky Ukrainian Easter Egg Workshop, March 31, 6-8pm. Participants ages 17+ will learn the ancient Ukrainian art of Pysanky - wax batik on eggshell. The instructor will guide participants through the process of creating unique pysanky using layers of wax and dye.
- Wire Wrapped Ring, April 6, 5-8pm. Participants ages 18+ will learn how to create a unique wire-wrapped sterling silver ring in this three-hour beginner-level jewelry making workshop.
For over 135 years, the Peoria Art Guild has been dedicated to promoting art throughout the community. Plan to join them for one or all of their upcoming classes. For specific questions, please call the Peoria Art Guild at (309) 637-2787. PS