No matter what buildings or venues it may have, a city is brought to life by the people who reside in it.
The Downtown Development Corporation is excited to be a part of bringing Peoria’s Warehouse District to life. Whether you are a professional, an empty-nester or someone looking to move to an interesting neighborhood, there’s really no place quite like living in a downtown loft home. As the Warehouse District continues to grow, there are more options to choose from than ever before to live, work and play downtown!
The DDC is happy to support the diligent efforts of current and future developers who are creating revitalized, urban living and residential options in Peoria by reinventing its existing warehouse buildings. Below are three of the new developments to choose from that are newly renovated or currently being renovated and actively leasing. They won’t last long. And more developments are in progress, including the Marquette Building Apartments on Main Street and the Persimmon Lofts on Adams Street. All of these properties offer the many unique features that residents are looking for in urban living.
Modern Riverfront Living
Murray Place started as a tinware factory and automobile showroom in the 1920s and has since become a catalyst in the redevelopment of Peoria’s Warehouse District. Sitting at the corners of Walnut, Water and Washington streets, Murray Place is currently leasing one-, two- and three-bedroom units with a host of amenities, such as:
- Beautiful wood floors and tile bathrooms;
- Granite countertops and custom closets;
- Energy-efficient, stainless steel appliances;
- Glass showers in all units (some free-standing tubs);
- Pet-friendly atmosphere;
- Stunning rooftop lounge and terrace;
- Surface parking, complimentary laundry rooms, individual storage rooms and fitness center.
For more information, contact Niki Holland of Aristo Properties Group at (309) 673-5118, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit murrayplace.com.
Home on Pecan
Cooperage 214 is a unique, historic warehouse currently being renovated into residential lofts. Located on Pecan Street, it features stunning, one-of-a-kind amenities, such as:
- Original hardwood floors;
- Large, historic Quaker windows;
- Custom-designed kitchens with stainless steel countertops and custom-built cabinets;
- Barn-door-style bedroom doors;
- Skylights in select lofts;
- Original, exposed wood ceilings;
- Unique one- and two-bedroom floor plans; and
- Brick paver parking lot.
For more information, contact Amanda Creech of The Kim Group at (309) 693-9900 or email@example.com, or visit thekimgroup.com.
Winkler Lofts is the former Roszell’s Dairy building, located at the corner of Oak and Washington. Luxury lofts are available to lease with different sizes and amenities to choose from, such as:
- Studio and one-bedroom apartments;
- Huge windows with downtown views;
- Beautiful hickory floors;
- Exposed brick walls;
- Vaulted ceilings with an industrial feel;
- Laundromat with lounge room and television;
- Amazon room for online deliveries; and
- Life safety and security features for the entire building.
For more information, contact Larry Winkler at (309) 645-7666 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit winklerlofts.com. iBi