Keeping families close®
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois provides a supportive place for families to stay while their child is receiving medical care and supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children.
A world where all children have access to medical care, and their families are supported and actively involved in their children's care.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois opened the Peoria House in December of 2019. The Peoria Ronald McDonald House will serve an estimated 700 families per year, keeping them close together while their children receive medical care in Peoria. We believe our families shouldn’t have to worry about anything except caring for their child, and we do not require a monetary donation from families to stay with us. Our guests can count on warm beds, hot showers, recreation facilities and more—all the essentials of home. The Peoria House offers:
- Comfortable, private rooms where families can get a good night’s rest
- Support and the chance to connect with others going through similar experiences
- Meals and the resources to cook their own meals
- Activities for families to relax with, including an art and education room, indoor playrooms, and outdoor playground
- Arabella’s Toy Store
- Home-cooked meals from volunteers
- Laundry facilities
How to help
Individual, small business and corporate donations all work together to help keep families close to their sick children as they receive the medical care and support they need.
- Individual giving—Support our families through donations to honor the memory of a special person or occasion. Round-up or donate your change at local participating McDonald’s restaurants.
- Corporate giving—Organizing a denim day or casual day to raise money, company gift-matching programs, room and event sponsorships are a few ways to help.
- Volunteer—We have many volunteer needs, including guest services, special events and more!
- Provide a meal—You can help our families by providing, preparing and serving a meal at our Peoria House! Become a guest chef today.
- Purchase items from the wish list—Check out rmhc-centralillinois.org/house-wish-list and help keep our House stocked with necessities.
- Buy a Pathway to Hope brick—Help pave the entryway to the new Peoria House with your very own personalized brick.
- Fundraise for RMHCCI—Host a thirdparty fundraiser to benefit our families or run a birthday fundraiser on Facebook.
For more details on how you can contribute, call (309) 401-2525 or donate online at rmhc-centralillinois.org.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois
401 NE Monroe
Peoria, IL 61603
(309) 401-2525 (Peoria House)
(217) 528-3314 (Springfield House)
Kelly Thompson, Chief Executive Officer
Brian Replogle, Peoria Ronald McDonald House Program Director
Kendyl Wear, Development Director
Annie Spears, Peoria Community Engagement Coordinator
James Werry, Peoria Guest & Employee Services Manager