To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
To strengthen community by focusing on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. By investing in our kids, our health and our neighbors, the Peoria YMCA ensures that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to thrive.
In addition to the heart-pumping workouts you may know us for, the Greater Peoria Family YMCA offers heart-filled help as a charity, focused on strengthening community. We help kids, adults and families from all walks of life reach their goals and contribute to solutions that improve communities. And we have been proudly supporting Peoria for more than 150 years.
While we have a membership base to help fund the running of our facility and gym, we rely on the generous donations, sponsorship and grants from local individuals and institutions to support the numerous community programs we offer each year. It is through these programs that we meet the critical social needs throughout the Peoria region.
Key community programs include:
- Before- and after-school care, including scholarships for those in need
- Free Teen Reach program, giving 11-14 year-olds a safe and supportive space after school and throughout the summer
- Summer day camp, where kids have the opportunity to make friends, explore nature and just be a kid
- REBOUND program for boys in the East Bluff neighborhood, teaching the skills of teamwork and leadership while fostering the principles and values of the YMCA
- Swim lesson scholarships for families and individuals from underserved or low-income areas of our community
- Offering the YMCA’s “Safety Around Water” program to at-risk youth in partnership with Peoria Public Schools
How to Help
Our community programs and scholarships depend on the generosity of individuals and institutions. If you would like to help support the Peoria YMCA’s youth and community programs, please visit peoriaYMCA.org/donate.
Everyone has something to offer. If you would like to volunteer your time, contact our staff at (309) 692-7631.
Greater Peoria YMCA
7000 N. Fleming Lane
Peoria, IL 61614
Andy Thornton, President/CEO
Jessica Beach, Aquatics Director
Ellen Corbin, Director of Accounting & HR
Charles Gordon, Director of Youth, Teen & Family Programs
Ryan Hinnen, Senior Director of Mission Advancement
Alyssa Johnson, Director of Member Experience
Paul Larson, Senior Program Director
Jim Trainor, Director of Property & Grounds