To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
A Boys & Girls Club provides:
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
- Hope and opportunity.
Clubs are neighborhood- and building-centered. They provide a safe, affordable place for young people ages five to 18 during non-school hours and summers. Clubs are led by paid, trained youth development professionals.
Youth Development Outcomes
Through programming that incorporates the Key Elements, young people become productive, caring responsible citizens.
- Positive Self-Identity. Youth set and attain goals and have a positive view of their future, confidently making the necessary decisions to achieve their life plans.
- Health and Well-Being. Youth adopt a healthy diet, practice healthy lifestyle choices and make a lifelong commitment to fitness.
- Positive Values. Youth develop and demonstrate strong character and are guided by positive values, including honesty, integrity, caring and fairness.
- Commitment to Learning. Youth value education and lifelong learning and make them an integral part of their future plans.
- Social Competency. Youth have positive relationships with family, friends and coworkers and appreciate cultural diversity.
- Community and Civic Involvement. Youth are engaged citizens of their community and the world.
- Character and Leadership Development. Empower youth to become global citizens who support and influence their Club and community, sustain meaningful relationships with others, develop a positive self-image and good character, and respect their own and others’ cultural identities.
- Education and Career Development Enable youth to become proficient in basic educational disciplines, set goals, explore careers, prepare for employment and embrace technology to achieve success in a career.
- Health and Life Skills. Develop young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals and live successfully as self-sufficient adults.
- The Arts. Encourage youth to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of the visual arts, crafts, performing arts and creative writing.
- Sports, Fitness and Recreation. Programs develop fitness, positive use of leisure time, skills for stress management, appreciation for the environment and social skills.
How to Help
Primary support comes from individuals, small businesses and corporate donations – all firm believers in the great potential of all our young citizens.
Donations can be made through our secure website, by mailing a check to our office, or by calling Lisa Fisher at (309) 685-6007, ext. 112. Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Peoria is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so your contributions are tax-deductible.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Peoria
806 E. Kansas St.
Peoria, IL 61603
Christian Lee, Chief Executive Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lisa Fisher, Executive Assistant (email@example.com)