Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois provides a supportive place for families to stay while their child is receiving medical care and supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children.
A world where all children have access to medical care, and their families are supported and actively involved in their children's care.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois is building a new Ronald McDonald House in Peoria, scheduled to open in late fall 2019. The Peoria RMH will serve an estimated 700 families per year, keeping families with sick children close together and near the care and resources they need. The new Peoria RMH will support families with children who are receiving medical care in Peoria. In an effort to reduce stress, keep the family intact and enhance the quality of life for families, RMH programs provide a caring, homelike atmosphere for our guests. We offer free of charge:
- Comfortable, private rooms where families can get a good night’s rest knowing their child is close by
- Support and opportunity to connect with others going through similar experiences
- Meals and the resources to cook their own meals
- Activities for families to relax with, including an art and education room, indoor and outdoor playground
- Home-cooked meals from volunteers
- Laundry and computer facilities
- Care and comfort to families during their greatest time of need
How to help
Primary support for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois comes from private donors. Individuals, small business and corporate donations all work together to help keep families close to the medical care and support they need.
Donations can be made on our website or by mail. In addition to monetary donations, there are many other ways you can help support the Ronald McDonald House. Specific information for all items listed below is available at rmhc-centralillinois.org
- Volunteer—We have many volunteer needs, including guest and reception services, special event volunteers and more!
- Provide a meal—You can help our families by providing, preparing and serving a meal at our Ronald McDonald House! Become a guest chef and schedule a meal.
- Purchase items from the wish list—We believe our families shouldn’t have to worry about anything except caring for their child, so we provide all the amenities of home for our guests.
- #RaiseLove for our families—Do what you LOVE to do to raise love for our families. Start your campaign at rmhc.org/raise-love.org and share the love!
- Buy a Pathway to Hope brick—Help pave the entryway to the new Peoria House with your very own personalized brick.
- Fundraise for RMHCCI—Host a third-party fundraiser to benefit our families or run a birthday fundraiser on Facebook.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois
401 NE Monroe
P.O. Box 5354
Peoria, IL 61601
Kelly Thompson, Chief Executive Officer
Brian Replogle, Peoria Ronald McDonald House Program Director