Each December, iBi highlights Women of Influence—area women who are making a difference in central Illinois—in conjunction with a half-day forum featuring breakout sessions, national speakers and more. This annual event is a tribute to women in the workplace and an inspirational way to bring the community together and empower female leaders.
The 2017 Women of Influence Forum will take place at the Par-A-Dice Hotel in East Peoria on Tuesday, December 5, 2017. Registration is now open!
(Un)Skirting the Issues...
This year, we are honored to welcome as keynote speaker, first-time author, Caterpillar director and Peoria resident Bonnie Fetch. Bonnie has spoken passionately at conferences and events on topics such as diversity and inclusion, discovering unconscious bias, and creating an engaged work environment.
Her newly published book, (Un)Skirting the Issues: A Guide for the Well-Intentioned Man in Today’s Workplace, will be available at the forum; the first 200 registrants can purchase the book at the special rate of $4.99 ($10 off regular price).
Following the keynote, Bonnie will engage in an open-dialogue Q&A and book signing. In addition, there will be a breakfast buffet, multiple breakout sessions, and time for networking.
Read an excerpt from (Un)Skirting the Issues by Bonnie Fetch and Jessica Poliner.
Working together, men and women can begin building an inclusive work environment that benefits everyone.
The Sandwich Generation: Addressing the Needs of Our Aging Parents and Our Children (At the Same Time)
presented by Mary Corrigan, Howard & Howard
Tackling both elder care and childcare at once requires fortitude and patience. Despite the tremendous pressures faced by those with these dual obligations, millions of Americans have assumed this admirable role.
Organizational Culture: An Important Differentiator
presented by Paula Petersen, Commerce Bank
Culture has always been important, but today, it's much more than just a buzzword. Culture is an important differentiator that can set your organization apart from the competition. It's also what attracts the right talent and brings in the right customers.
Facing Addiction: Unmasking a Discriminating Disease
presented by Brittany Ott, Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery
The key to reducing discrimination and removing the stigmas associated with substance abuse is education and awareness. With tolerance and understanding, those who suffer from this disease can get the help they need in the most effective way.
Community Service: A Guide to Getting Involved
presented by Abby Clark, Davis & Campbell
Community service plays a vital role in supporting our nation’s culture of citizenship, service and responsibility. Through service, we can be catalysts for community solutions and champions for the ideal that every American has skills and talents to offer.
Experience motivating speakers; discuss and exchange ideas; and challenge yourself to think in a different way. You’ll leave with a variety of new tools and contacts to help you take the next step in your career! #WOI2017
The first 200 registrants can purchase the book at the special rate of $4.99 ($10 off regular price).
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors!
2016 Women of Influence Forum
More than 260 people attended the 2016 Women of Influence Forum on December 6, 2016 at the Par-A-Dice Hotel in East Peoria. Check out photos from the event!
iBi Highlights Women of Influence...
- Abby Clark, Davis and Campbell
- Anne Clayton, Peoria Civic Center
- Dr. Sharon Desmoulin-Kherat, Peoria Public Schools
- Denise Johnson, Caterpillar Inc.
- Dr. Sheila Quirk-Bailey, Illinois Central College
- Judge Alicia Washington, Illinois Tenth Judicial Circuit Court
- Meenakshy Aiyer, MD, UICOMP
- Michelle Conger, OSF Healthcare System
- Dr. Kim Johnston, Methodist College
- Julie Lagacy, Caterpillar Inc.
- Carol Merna, The Center for Prevention of Abuse
- Andrea Parker, Hult Center for Healthy Living
- Sue Yoder-Portscheller, CEFCU
- Laraine Bryson, Tri-County Urban League
- Meredith Bunch, Midstate College
- Sister Judith Ann Duvall, OSF HealthCare
- Kim Hauer, Caterpillar Inc.
- Elizabeth Jensen, Heyl, Royster, Voelker & Allen
- Karen Jensen, Farnsworth Group
- Amy Lambert, Startup Peoria
- Angela Weck, Peoria Area World Affairs Council
- Suzette Boulais, ArtsPartners of Central Illinois
- Rep. Cheri Bustos, 17th Congressional District
- Patty Fuchs, Goodwill of Central Illinois
- Margaret Gustafson, Children’s Hospital of Illinois
- Martha Herm, The Center for Prevention of Abuse
- Lesley Matuszak, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Peoria
- Councilwoman Denise Moore, City of Peoria
- Bonnie Noble, Peoria Park District
- Colleen Callahan, USDA Rural Development
- Lori Curtis Luther, Peoria County
- Jennifer Daly, Morton Chamber/EDC
- Anne Fox, Red Cross, Central Illinois Region
- Judge Katherine Gorman, Tenth Judicial Circuit
- Rita Kress, Kress Corporation
- Dr. Kay Saving, Children’s Hospital of Illinois
- Michele Sullivan, Caterpillar Foundation
- Dr. Sarah Zallek, INI Sleep Center
- Gail Amundson, Quality Quest for Health of Illinois
- Mary Ardapple, Apple’s Bakery
- Mayor Laurie Barra, City of Pekin
- Diane Cullinan Oberhelman, Cullinan Properties
- Joanne Glasser, Bradley University
- Rep. Jehan Gordon-Booth, Illinois House of Representatives
- Grenita Lathan, Peoria Public Schools
- Katie McCord Jenkins, Illinois Mutual
- Sara Rusch, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- Deborah Simon, Methodist Medical Center
- Doris Symonds, T.A.L.K.